What We Offer
Our Registered Massage Therapists and Acupuncturist are capable of treating patients who have been in a motor vehicle accident. Starting April 1, 2019 ICBC will be making treatments more accessible.
What to Prepare Before Booking for Treatment
You must have the following:
- Vehicle accident occurred at least 48 hours before treatment
- Active ICBC claim (no deductions from ICBC will apply without ICBC claim #)
- Doctor’s prescription for Registered Massage Therapy/Acupuncture
- ICBC Customer Claims Specialist full name and contact information (email, and/or phone number) if applicable
- Lawyer’s contact information (name, email, and/or phone number) if applicable
For active ICBC claims, you will be approved for an initial 12 treatments up to 12 weeks since the date of your motor vehicle accident.
Use our online booking system and select ICBC Initial Visit or ICBC Subsequent Visit.
If you have extended health benefits:
You are still eligible to receive reimbursement under your policy plan. Ensure that you have an active ICBC Claim number and a doctor’s referral/prescription for registered massage therapy. For Pacific Blue Cross members, PBC will not cover claims for motor vehicle accidents. The cost of the fee will be submitted to ICBC first, and to your private insurance plan second.
If you do not have extended health benefits:
You will be eligible for reimbursement of $107 for the initial visit, and $80 for the following treatments.
30-min treatments will be fully covered by ICBC, however if you choose to do longer treatments, you will need to pay the difference uncovered.
If you have a lawyer who agrees to pay for the client:
We accept a Direction to Pay on a monthly basis.
We do not accept at the end of an ICBC settlement, due to the uncertainty of when the ICBC case will be settled.
- Multiple sessions provided for the same practice on the same day will not be funded.
- Treatments are based on sessions provided and fees reflect fair market rate for a standard industry visit. Treatment frequency will be based on clinical recommendations and should reflect best practice.
Approval for more treatment coverage
ICBC will pre-approve up to 12 initial treatments for each practice. If you have completed 12 sessions and the RMT deems that you require further treatment, we will put a request through to ICBC Customer Recovery Specialist.